Monday, November 22, 2010

A sneak peak inside real workshops of local Belgian artists.

So we got out of the house yesterday. Artists throughout Wallonia (southern, French speaking part of Belgium) had their homes open for people to walk in and visit, see them create their particular speciality. We chose a wood-maker, an iron sculpturer, and a potter. I was hoping they would have items I could utilize in my jewelry creations, but there was nothing that struck that particular fancy - although to learn and see what it entails to make these items was truly fascinating! I took some photos. The one of the iron fence door - took the artist about 150 hours! The things we take for granted! All 3 artists were located in very small villages - quite a treat to see. Oh - and the wood-maker was located near the famous monk-operated brewery, 'Orval'. The artist's wife even offered all visitors one! (in the correct glass, of course)... Beer is a BIG deal in belgium. This is not a stereotype.
Of course I passed. Our next IVF is in about 3 weeks. All I can think (and worry) about is the follicles I've got brewing in me right now. 


You can see the rest of the pics after the jump here.























No comments:

Post a Comment