Thursday, November 18, 2010

Traversing 3 countries on the hunt for a friggin' craft store.

So I took some snapshots to show you, my imaginary reader, on just what it is I've embarked. 
I ventured out and crossed the border all by my lonesome. Actually I was in 3-countries today, in the span of about a good hour! To get to France from Belgium, I had to first cut through a section of Luxembourg.

(Carefully) I took some snapshots from the car as I crossed the old Luxembourg/France frontière, which is no longer staffed since Europe is united. 


More pics and the rest of this blog post after the jump.






Yesterday’s friendly Frenchman told me the place was HUGE, so I was curious to see what that entailed. He said there was everything you can imagine for jewelry making...


 


This is a picture of that huge craft section (all 5 rows of it):



Yeah, My imagination for jewelry making clearly spans much more vastly than the friendly Frenchman. There were a few clasps, jumprings and the like. But overall, I thought the store had many more books and DVD’s than crafting materials. The trip was not in vain, however. I did score some pretty awesome, and oh-so-soft mohair yarn.

But so far, looks like in the meantime, I’m going to need to keep buying the jewelry making basics online in the U.S. I’ve decided to concentrate further explorations in efforts of finding the vintage goods. I’m thinking that’s surely where Europe’s strength will be over the red, white, and (American) blue.

I’ll keep ‘you’ posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment