Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Parisian Vintage Boutique #4: Vintage Bar Paris

Fourth and final stop: Vintage Bar Paris..also Rue de la Verrerie but number 16. 75004 Paris.

This baby was all about the high end. There was even a muscle man at the front door - although I will say quite friendly. I asked if I could take pictures and there was no problem.

It was small, but less crowded. The breathing room was nice. But take a look at the front window display...explanation for the weekend calm? 


Yes folks, that's 890 Euros on that used purse. We're talking a thousand dollars for something pre-owned. 
Yes, it's a Chanel, but is this particular model worth that? 
Evidently just about everything inside has a high-end label.
I saw lots of fur coats (some quite wacky), sunglasses, purses, shoes (that would make even Carrie Bradshaw proud) and lots of 'blingy', faux jewels.
The petite boutique was 2 stories - the basement containing mostly coats.

Did I buy anything? 

No. 

Personally, I found everything within arm's reach way over-priced (the 'vintage' sunglasses alone were more than 100 dollars each). I don't know about you, but I like a good deal. If I see something I just gotta have, I'll splurge; but as for the arm's reach, there was nothing that fit that description.

Maybe better deals were to be found, but I wasn't in the digging mood. It was time to have a glass of wine with my honey...after all, we were in the city of love. And he had been so patient traipsing to 4 vintage stores in a row for me. That's love.

More pics here after this jump for those interested:































No comments:

Post a Comment