Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Signals being sent from...the Moulin Rouge??


What is that little orange bead, you may be asking. I don't know if you'll believe this story, but honest to goodness, every word is true.

So as you may know, we went to Paris for a few days. A romantic escape, if you will.

We decided to go to the Moulin Rouge for a show. I'm not sure how they determine seating, but we have nothing to do with it. So we were pleased as punch when they walked us all the way up to the very front row. (Finally some good fortune! We could use a little of that...)

We were along a red-carpeted ramp... one I was sure would be utilized by the dancers. So again, I wasn't so surprised when I started getting whacked up side the head with sequins and feathers. What did surprise me was that bead.

I can't recall if I initially saw it or heard it, but one of the girls lost some beads from her costume. My head bobbed up and down, following the trajectory of several catapulting around the stage...
Then next thing I knew, one was barreling its way down that red-carpeted ramp, head right in my direction. In a move so smooth James Bond would be proud, I just stuck out my hand and right into it, went this smooth, orange bead. Right from the dress of a Moulin Rouge dancer.

More good luck! I mean imagine, I just started this blog and opened an Etsy store with jewelry. Is this a sign or what? How many people can say they have a bead from the Moulin Rouge Feerie set???

Crazy stuff.

Now I need to figure out what I'm going to create with it. I'd love to hear from you if you have suggestions/feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment